Pink, White, Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Gray…. COLORS!

Pink
White
RedBlueYellowGreenGray

COLORS!



“It strikes a chord of our days in pre-school. Sketches and strokes of crayons have the clout of bringing us into a momentary of solitude in a journey of our blissful and naive childhood…free of grown-up’s stressful and unjust life’s experiences.” ---That would maybe the connotation of the first line to most of us, but for a little kid from Africa who wrote the nominated best poem for year 2005; colors have a meaning that is beyond those fancy visual spectra of light…



When I born,
I black.
When I grow up,
I black.
When I go in the sun,
I black.
When I scared,
I black.
When I sick,
I black.
And when I die,
I still black.


And you white fella,
When you born,
You pink.
When you grow up,
You white.
When you go in the sun,
You red.
When you cold,
You blue.
When you scared,
You yellow.
When you sick,
You green.
And when you die,
You gray…
And you calling me colored?



Read between the lines. Although this poem can be accessed from site displaying “funny stuffs” we are aware that this isn’t a laughing bits and pieces anymore. At young age the kid is completely aware of social bigotry – Racism [doctrine, belief, or assumption that inherited biological differences cause some human subpopulations to be fundamentally different from, or superior to, others * Microsoft ® Encarta ® Premium Suite 2005. © 1993-2004 Microsoft Corporation]. The Color Purple by Alice Walker also signifies the discrimination between black women and Americans.

DISCRIMINATION has many faces aiming to verdict social prejudices among races, obliterating the hope of achieving a classless society, desolately that even colors have to speak of indifferences and biases in the eye of a child…


--Leianny--




Poem accessed from this site:
http://www.rawfoodinfo.com/articles/art_I%20black.html
Date/Time accessed:
12/04/07 8:00pm


0 comments: