Ctrl + S (A Journey to Remember)

“Honestly what will become of me, don’t like reality its way to clear to me. But really life is a dandy, we are what we don’t see, missed everything day dreaming…”


Upon hearing these lines from the song “All Good Things (come to an end)”, it instantly become my quite favorite, not solely because Nelly Furtado is one of my favorite foreign artists but the connotation that embraces the whole song. Whenever, I hear its stupefying melody, memories are starting to create an impressive mirage in my mind. It feels like a Doraemon’s time machine is transporting me to another portion of the huge puzzle, that will unlocked the paradox of my life, a dimension that I own and wanted to possess until the end of the metamorphosis.


Time is passing so swiftly, I could not imagine that I have been staying in this University for almost three years now. I remember myself as a gullible freshman that wanted to adapt to this new environment as a fragment of this game called “life”. I thought it was going to be hard for me to adjust. It is like starting all over again, to gain new friends, to learn new things, and to discover the real me. But with God’s guidance I overcome all my fears and doubts. I started to weave splendid memories that will last a lifetime.



Those three years of my stay is full of interesting experiences and unexpected catastrophes that add spices to my college life. Seeing myself traveling several kilometers just to reach the school, I ended up with my hair all over my face and I cannot help the feeling that all my pores are being clogged by dust, I think a one year supply of facial wash, and toner included would not be enough. Well, it is because going to school is synonymous of having a fieldtrip for me considering the fact that I need to travel over three municipalities just to get there, just imagine how much dust I am expose everyday!


When I am already in school and my first period ended, it is like testing my endurance again because now I am sprinting against my classmates in a loom dash only to reach our destination. Where? None other than the 350° F temperature inside the rooftop of the Roxas Hall. Staying there is like having an instant blow dry to my hair and being in a sauna at the same time. But do not worry, it has no added charge, no VAT and definitely no EVAT, it is absolutely free to everyone. So, enroll now for your early reservation!


Whenever every semester ended, I feel so hopeless, so sick and afraid in going to school again. It is not because I was anxious to my teachers or I am just sluggish but the fact that I will experience the worst day of my college life--again, I mean days…Of course the procedure that will really measure your stamina—enrollment. I really hate this particular part a lot. If I will to choose between enrolment and a glass full of ampalaya shake, I would rather choose the greenish and bitter refreshment than to be obliged to wake up so early and arriving only to see that the line is already as long as San Juanico bridge! But sometimes, enrollment is a pretty good chance in a sense that I and my friends would have ample time to mingle and to bond with each other.


The unforgettable moments were highlighted by quotable words that add sprint to my stay here. I remember when I together with my group mates were working our documents for Data Communications and Networking in ICE 4 and we were really in a rush because it would be pass on that afternoon that same day but we were not done yet.


But we are not the only group, because other sections were also there for some agenda. Then all of a sudden, all computers instantly shut down due to power failure, what’s ridiculous is that everyone was screaming and yelling the words “NA-SAVE MO BA?!”, because mostly forgot to save their files. And I think this incident prove its worth. I am so glad that I have saved my report because if I am not able to, my group mates would surely kill me!


Whenever every semester starts, we are all excited about it; new instructors, new lessons, new computer labs and classmates. We have been together for three years now, we already established strong bond of friendship with each other especially to person closest to us.


But what I really want to avoid is this certain line that would surely be uttered when a group project was given, “UY, OVERNIGHT BA?” Overnight means that I have to use my bulky backpack in order to carry all my personal things as a preparation and whenever my sister saw me with that, she always say “MAY CAMPING KAYO?” Overnight also means that we will be practicing Kuya Germs’ famous tag line “WALANG TULUGAN!.” I am glad that I am still alive!


Things were not made permanent like the song it must come to an end and the only constant is changes. But whatever changes come to my life, those good things will still remain deep in my mind and in my heart forever because it makes me who I am now. I want to save those memories I weave because it made me create a wonderful masterpiece ---friendship beyond hardships.


“omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur iri illis”


--Ericka V. Bautista

0 comments: