Our Work and Yours Too

I’ve never been in a publication before and it has been my dream that someday I would become a journalist. Back then, these sheets of newspapers have no impact on me. I merely look at it as pieces of paper containing peoples’ thoughts about what is happening in our surrounding and views about life.

At first, I just merely joined this publication because I think; I want a new score on my day to day routine. But there is so much more that I’ve found- CURSOR, the official publication of the College of Information and Communications Technology is just a new and emerging publication, therefore there is more hardship and endurance needed in order for it to be known and for it to be fully stabilized. I never even thought about the big pressure that there could be in one team, it is the fact that even if I’m a new comer, I should comply with the professionalism that most of the staffs put in to practice.

Joining this team is more than publishing our works in a corner of the paper for the CICT students to read, and far more than being able to develop our writing skills. As what I’ve learned from our previous facilitator, Mr. Kevin Ople, the bottomline is this: it’s not only being able to improve our well being, our character, personality, and strong bond of friendship through this team but to prolong our love for the College. It is being innovative and creative in many ways in order to produce a quality work.

Honestly, my approach about CURSOR became deeper and my awareness became wider. It is because from a closer look, I have realized that being a part of it is not that easy after all, that it is just the start for so many beautiful outcomes and there are so many things to be improved and organized. Those who were out of it criticize it but as a part of CICT, why not try to improve it? Change the course of your mind. It’s not just a paper and never a trash. It is our work and yours too.

--Mylene Villafuerte--

0 comments: